Wednesday, December 17, 2008

0 XXL Magazine Ranks Swizz Beatz's Top Ten Beats


*”All For The Love,” The Lox, Money, Power Respect (1998): This is Swizzie’s first placement if I’m not mistaken. To me it sounds like a skeleton of what his sound was to become over the next few years- meshing melodic and hard elements into one cohesive piece. I don’t think I knew Kiss was that nice until this track.

*”Ruff Ryders Anthem,” DMX, It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, (1998): “All For The Love” was one of his first beats, but “Ruff Ryders Anthem” was his first hit- possibly what got his phone ringing off the hook

*”Banned From TV,” Noreaga ft. Jadakiss, Styles, Nature, Cam’Ron & Big Pun, N.O.R.E (1998): I clearly remember my boy Edcredible saying; “This nigga Swizz made a beat that sounds like the creation of the earth” in amazement. This is also the first time I recall hearing the scratches he made his trademark for a bit.

*”Money Cash Hoes,” Jay-Z ft. DMX, Hard Knock Life (1998): The track was just so left at the time, I’m not sure listeners would have accepted it without the game’s two illest MCs hopping on it at the time.

*”Jigga My Nigga,”Ruff Ryders, Ride Or Die Vol.1(1999): Swizz’s production once again bringing out the best out of a superior MC. Hov and Swizzie’s production was so crazy at the time, a full-length could have been deadly.

Click Here To View Full List

0 comments: