Sunday, January 25, 2009

0 Young Jeezy Responds To O’Reilly Diss, Hints At Big Plans For “My President” Remix


As Posted On XXLMag.Com

"Young Jeezy is the latest rap target of Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly over a recent performance of his hit “My President” during the inaugural weekend – and the Georgia rap giant has a few words for the known hip-hop hater.

O’Reilly described Jeezy’s performance at D.C. nightclub Love as “a rant that offended people” on his talk show “The O’Reilly Factor” this past Wednesday (Jan. 21). He went on to say, “I guess they didn’t get the memo about bringing the country together. I don’t think Barack Obama would approve of [the performance]. I think it was low class.” [Watch Below]

According to MTV News, the Atlanta-based rapper believes writing the song was “necessary.” “I never ever paid attention to any election,” he told MTV. “Not really [into] politics or anything like that. It never benefited us. This time around, it’s not a black-or-white thing — you got somebody in there for us that’s well-spoken and gonna handle their business. I just wanted to do my part and let them know we need change, we need help, it’s rough out there.”

Contrary to O’Reilly’s assertions, the Snowman was pleased to see the nation come together to endorse Obama. “It’s crazy, man, just to see the energy, just to see the support,” Jeezy shared. “All these millions of people are here for one cause. Everybody is out here. I got a couple of homies who drove from Atlanta, who flew in from Atlanta. The kids are out here. The clubs are crazy, the parties. It’s big.”

Jeezy, who was joined by his homie Jay-Z on stage during the said performance to premiere his verse on the “My President” Remix, said Hov isn’t the only feature on the updated track.”The song was powerful already with Nas — now Jay is on there, we got a few more people on the remix,” he revealed. “It’s not even the song [that's important], it’s the message. You still get bits and pieces out of there. You get your ‘president is black, Lambo is blue,’ but it’s bits and pieces in there. You gotta listen. I ain’t talking fast, y’all just listening slow.”

0 comments: