Monday, September 21, 2009

0 J. Cole Interview W/ ABC News

Roc Nation signee, J Cole talks to ABC News and recalls getting dissed by Jay-Z, his upbringing, how it feels to be on BP3 and why he feels he is the Lebron James of Hip-Hop:

Via ABC News

Whether it was by fate, or simply through calculated decisions, the cards were dealt in J. Cole's favor. "I studied the game and I studied the greats and I studied people's movements and the mistakes they made and the pitfalls. And he just did everything so close to perfect," Cole said about Jay-Z, during an interview with ABC News. "If I wanted to do it like anybody or better than anybody, it would be him," Cole said. But just two years ago, he feared that chance would never come. In September 2007, after reading about Jay-Z's upcoming album "American Gangster" on a rap Web site, Cole thought he could get his break by making beats for a record that would ultimately top the Billboard charts. "This was my chance. It was like a sign," Cole recalled. "God is telling me to get on this album. So I was praying on it," Cole said.
Cole went home that day and began making beats for the album. Hours later, with his work in hand, Cole and a friend waited outside Roc the Mic studio in the rain, on a
hunch that Jay-Z would be there to finish work on the album....

0 comments: