Tuesday, February 24, 2009

0 DJBooth.net Interview W/ FLO RIDA (Talks iTunes, Struggles, Ross/50 Beef)

Via Email:

In an exclusive interview with DJBooth.net, Flo Rida steps into the Booth to discuss the inspiration behind his forthcoming album’s title, the time and money that went into his now-famous back tattoo, and which records (besides his own) he looks forward to hearing at the club.

DJ Booth: The word that I want to focus on in the title is Struggle, the ‘S’ of R.O.O.T.S.—what have you personally struggled with the most since becoming both a recognized name and face in this industry?

Flo Rida: I had a sister pass away, that definitely was a struggle for myself. At the same time, just tryin’ to get the finances to support my studio habits, just tryin’ to survive. A lot of times, you have to support yourself with a nine to five; I really didn’t have that, so I was out sellin’ CDs, mixtapes and things like that, not knowin’ where the next meal would come from. Things like that are definitely a struggle that I’ve been through.

Click Here To Listen To The Interview

0 comments: