Wednesday, November 26, 2008

0 Rapper "Skillz" Recalls Meeting Kanye West



"Im like ” Who’s Kanye’? He’s like That Mos’s man. He got some shit. So then on the way to Hoboken he tells me the songs he did and how he’s not really like Jay and them but Jay & then dont fuck with him outside tracks. So I’m like ” Oh, from the Chi, he did H to The Izzo! I remember him from the video showing off his tattoo( for some reason that image was the only one I had). So we get there. An Apartment building and he’s sitting in front of a Roland 1680. A hard disk recorder. I had the same one I had let my man E borrow it. He had headphones on and was doing something with the machine. The apartment had records, sneakers, you know the usual shit. He asked me what kind of shit was I looking for and I told him what I tell every producer …” I don’t know, I just know it when I hear it.” So he played like 20 beats and I only really liked four. They all had samples in em and most of em where those sped up soul joints he used to do back in the day. Anyway he talked about music and this new Hov shit and mostly it was him and Howie talking. I wasnt saying much I was just chilling and cold..the heat wasnt on. Now I aint saying he didnt pay the bill..lol. Im just saying it was cold".



Read The Full Post Here

0 comments: