Sunday, March 18, 2012

0 Nas Speaks On The Past Conflicts With Tupac & Still Thinks Hip Hop Is Dead (Video)


Nas on whether hip-hop is still dead:

I think the point of that when I said it was, yes, a part of it had died. It was all about trying to reenergize everyone, myself included, to take it more serious. No matter how global it was starting to become and how much money is being made, I knew that statement right there would make everyone think about hip-hop again and question how much about hip-hop do they really know. Do they know The Fat Boys? Do they know Curtis Blow? If not, why not? What does it mean for someone that’s young to go back and look up those people like I would look at the ones before me? I think hip-hop is getting some age on it. It’s no longer a ten year old thing. It’s been around since 1979 and been going on for decades now. It looks like it’s going to keep growing. I’d say right now it’s thriving. It’s thriving with a lot of potential. I’m optimistic about the future. - Nas

Nas discusses on whether Hip Hop is still dying & his past beefs between him & Tupac. Check out the whole excerpts from Nas’ interview with Steve Stoute out in Austin, Texas for SXSW on TanningOfAmerica.

0 comments: