Monday, August 2, 2010

0 Dr. Dre & Eminem Cover Vibe Magazine (Aug/Sep 2010)


One of hip-hop's most influential duos, Eminem and Dr. Dre, will be covering the August/September issue of Vibe Magazine. You can get a sneak peak of the interview below:


THE BEST EMINEM DISS TRACK ACCORDING TO EM:

Vibe: What was the best thing someone said about you? Was there ever a hot Eminem diss?


Eminem: Um, no. [Laughs.] Nah, I’m kidding. Shit, there was a couple of lines Everlast said like, “You ain’t running up on me with no empty gun.” I know that there is a lot of shit that I would have said about me.

ON BEING HAUNTED BY DEATH:

Vibe: Do you think about your own death?

Eminem: Yeah, I do. A lot. I think about it a lot. I try not to think about it but I do and it creeps me the fuck out. It creeps me out because they say that if I got to the hospital two hours later then I would be gone. I think about that a lot. When I lay in bed at night is when I think about it the most. It creeps me out man.

ON THE DETOX HOLD-UP:

Vibe: When you first announced Detox did you think it would take this long?

Dr Dre: Absolutely not. I thought it would take at worst case a couple of years. For example, actual work time on The Chronic was nine months and actual work time on my last album, 2001, was about 10 months. The actual work time on this album is about half of that, where I’m seriously focusing on it. There is always something coming up. Like signing talent, old and new.

ON DEALING WITH MUSIC LEAKS:

Vibe: So “Under Pressure” leaking was killer.

Dr. Dre: It was a little bit more frustrating because at least “Crack a Bottle” had a hook on it. I wouldn’t be as mad at a leak if the song was done.


Vibe: Can you blame the fans for wanting to hear something after all this time?


Dr. Dre: Absolutely not. I’m not mad at the fans. I’m mad at the person that leaked the shit. I have no idea how it got out. It’s not even worth looking to see who did it. It happens. The most painful part about it is that I’m passionate about what I do so people should hear it in the right form.

0 comments: